As the world is fighting against the COVID-19 pandemic, the government restrictions and school closures have left thousands of kids at home, of course for our safety concern. Make your kid’s time worthwhile during this quarantine, we have compiled a list of Top 10 Free Coding Courses for Kids on Udemy . Our goal is to encourage students to use this time as an opportunity with some fun coding courses. There are ample of new coding courses out there for which you couldn’t find time before the outbreak. So dear students enroll now in these free coding courses and learn the basics to create an app or game from scratch. This article includes coding courses for all age groups. Check out the best beginner-level coding courses below:
List of Top 10 Free Coding Courses for Kids on Udemy 
- Artificial Neural Networks for Regression
- C++ Tutorial for Complete Beginners
- Introduction to Databases SQL Querying
- HTML & CSS for Beginners- Build a Website and Launch one
- Practical PHP: Master the Basics and Code Dynamic Websites
- Scratch Game Programming for Young Adults
- Programming for Kids- How to Make Coding Fun
- Beginners Course on Programming and Coding Fundamental
1. Artificial Neural Networks for Regression
Does Machine Learning and Deep Learning Interest you? In this free course, you will learn to build and implement an Artificial Neural Network from scratch using Python. The instructor will thoroughly guide you to build an ANN Regression model to predict the output of the electrical energy of a Combined Cycle Power Plant. Mainly, you will create a data model that predicts the net hourly electrical output of the plant using hourly avg ambient variables.
- You will learn how to implement the Artificial Neural Network in Python.
- Also, learn to do Regression
- Moreover, you will learn to use Google Colab
- 5 sections – 12 lectures
Duration: 1 hour 11 min
Star Rating: 4.7/5
Student Enrolled: 8,534
2.C++ Tutorial for Complete Beginners
Learn C++, one of the powerful, fast, and popular programming languages from scratch with just basic computer knowledge. If you are a kind of person interested in developing apps or high-end desktop games or want to get close to the machine and learn to access all computer hardware, then C++ is the perfect language for you. It’s a challenging language, but this course will get you step-by-step. So, by the end of this course, you will learn to create an amazing “particle fire” program including basic principles of game development.
- You will be able to develop powerful C++ programs.
- Moreover, you will be able to C++ jobs.
- Also, you will understand the basics of computer programming including The concepts of Object Orientation.
- 11 sections – 82 lectures
Duration: 17 hours 59 min
Star Rating: 4.4
Students Enrolled: 431,268
3. Introduction to Databases SQL Querying
This is an introductory course to Databases and SQL Querying. If you are looking to learn to brush up with the concepts of Databases and Queries or applying as an analyst, this is the right course for you. You will learn everything step-by-step from creating your environment to creating your first table to writing your first query. So, by the end of this course, you will be comfortable writing simple queries confidently.
- You will learn to Query a Database, Create Tables, and will become proficient with basic SQL querying.
- 5 sections – 11 lectures
Duration: 2 hours 17 min
Students Enrolled: 324,524
4.HTML & CSS for Beginners- Build a Website and Launch One
Have you ever wanted to learn HTML and CSS but though it to be too hard or just found no time or money for it? So here you got the right course for free, this is a step by step HTML and CSS course that will help you to learn to code really fast. If you have your basics clear this will help you to make money or even find better job as a web developer. Moreover, HTML and CSS are the fundamentals required to get into any programming language.
- You will learn HTML and CSS from scratch.
- Also, you will get the skills you require to make websites.
- Moreover, you will get a certification on completion of the course.
- 7 sections – 49 lectures
Duration: 5 hours 50 min
Star Rating: 4.5/5
Students Enrolled: 302,700
Want to program your first Game? Then this free tutorial course is the best choice for you. All you will require is a text editor and a web browser. In this course, you will learn gameplay development fundamentals by doing it yourself. You will also write and run real code on your own machine. At the end of this short tutorial, you will have programmed your first game.
- You will master the fundamentals needed to make your own games better.
- You will also Display, Position, and Move filled shapes for retro and prototype gameplay.
- Moreover, you will program very basic artificial intelligence.
- Learn to define and code a win condition and end state for your first game.
- 3 sections – 12 lectures
Duration: 2 hours 10 min
Star Rating: 4.6/5
6. Practical PHP: Master the Basics and Code Dynamic Websites
Interested in developing websites using PHP programming language? Enroll in this PHP course and code your very own Dynamic Websites through real-world applications and examples. This is a total beginner course to code dynamic websites with PHP so no prior knowledge is required. It would be a plus if you have some knowledge on HTML and CSS, but this course covers all the fundamental concepts of PHP.
- By the end of this course, you will master the basics of PHP.
- Also, upon completion, you will have coded various useful PHP examples.
- Furthermore, in the last section, you will focus on building a dynamic website for a restaurant.
- 8 sections – 45 lectures
Duration: 6 hours 20 min
Star Rating: 4.6 /5
Students Enrolled: 202,607
- You will learn basic syntax that can apply to any language.
- 5 sections – 39 lectures
Duration:6 hours 30 min
Student Enrolled: 231,585
8. Scratch Game Programming for Young Adults
This course is best suitable for kids between 8 – 16 years of age. Have you heard about Scratch? It is one of the best educational programming software for kids. Using Scratch, you can create games and interactive artwork with lots of fun. It is a software with people of all ages, it makes it easy to start developing programming and problem-solving skills. Moreover, this course covers the creation of several classic games like Fruit Ninja, Brick Breaker, etc. this tutorial consists of 6 games and computer art projects. This course will provide training to help children learn to code.
- You will program 6 different video games and art projects.
- Also, figure out how to experiment with scratch.
- You can also share your work in the Scratch community with others.
- Help others to discover and learn programming techniques in Scratch.
- Program 6 different video games and interactive art projects.
- 12 sections- 32 lectures
Duration: 6 hours 39 min
Star Rating: 4.6/5
Students Enrolled: 41,473
9. Programming for Kids- How to Make Coding Fun
If your kid is approaching programming, you should explore this course which has free tools, techniques, and ideas to make programming fun. In this 1 hour course, you will learn about the applications, code syntax, and more. It mainly focuses on making coding fun. You don’t need any programming background for this course. It covers games, exercises, and apps. This can be a great introductory course to coding for your kids.
- Best introductory course for kids to the world of coding.
- Tools and links to websites and apps for introducing code.
- Moreover, you will have multiple digital and printable resources to initiate programming skills.
Duration: 1 hour 7 min
Star Rating: 4.2/ 5
Students Enrolled: 42,840
10. Beginners Course on Programming and Coding Fundamental
This new course on Udemy is for anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of coding. It is a complete beginner’s course and covers all the fundamental concepts like functions, data types, variables, relational and logical operators, loops, and much more. By the end of this course, not only will you have basic understanding of programming but also able to list it on your resume.
- You will create functions, variables, data types, conditional statements, loops, and more with practical exercises.
- Once you complete the course, you will get a free course on Flutter a framework by Google.
- 2 sections – 14 lectures
Duration: 1 hour 58 min
Star Rating: 4.2 / 5
Students Enrolled: 4,387
Therefore, in this article, we have shared with you a list of Top 10 Free Coding Courses for Kids on Udemy . So, dear students select your best course and learn coding today.